Monday, November 30, 2015

Baby H: Week 18 (times two)

I think this belly is definitely out there now and people aren't questioning whether I'm pregnant or not anymore. It seems like overnight all my non-maternity pants no longer fit and everything is just feeling tight. I'm hoping this means the baby incubating in there is growing just perfectly. Speaking of growing, my skin has been so itchy and dry lately. I'm sure some of it has to do with the snowy weather and running the heat all the time but goodness sakes is everything dry around here. My lips are chapped, my skin is itchy, my hair is staticky, I've been getting bloody noses. Thankfully I'm in a much easier rotation now in terms of minute to minute so I'm able to carry my water bottle around with me all the time making sure I'm drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day. The down side is all the trips to the restroom. You win some you lose some right.

This past week was Thanksgiving and lucky for me my aversion to "meats" subsided for the day and I was able to enjoy some turkey with all the fixings. I do wish I was able to have a mimosa while everyone chatted in the morning or a glass of wine when we sat down for dinner but that's alright, I made up for it in extra pie! I'm still wanting salty things on a regular basis and did some serious damage on Lays and onion dip over the last few days. New this week is a serious craving for vanilla hot fudge sundaes. J went out to both Sonic and Culvers at different points throughout the week to make a momma happy and I ended up buying ingredients when we went grocery shopping so he doesn't have to run out anymore. I've also been drinking more milk than usual (I've always been a milk drinker, just more so now) and was craving some of the green smoothies I used to whip up so at least all my eating isn't bad?

Looking back on my Mark belly at this time and noticed two very odd coincidences. One is that I wore the same exact outfit for my 18 week post with him in my belly, minus the fact that my non-maternity jeans still fit at that point (see above, especially the ice-cream!). The second is that it was also this week that I got my first unsolicited belly rub from someone and the consensus is in, I still hate it. It sure is strange that it happened both times in the same week isn't it.

We are a little less than 3 weeks out to knowing if this baby is a boy or a girl and I seriously cannot wait! Like I want to re-schedule my appointment for earlier cannot wait. My prediction is still holding strong (still not telling) to the point that I might have even bought something for this new babe with gender in mind. Oops. Regardless, I can't believe that I love this baby so much already and can't wait to know another piece of the puzzle to who this little one is going to be. My favorite parts of the day/week are those moments when Mark is sprawled belly to belly with me as I'm rocking him to sleep and under the pressure of his little body I feel his brother or sister squirm away as if to say "hi guys, I'm here too". I love you little one, don't you ever think anything different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga