Monday, November 9, 2015

Baby H: Week 15 (times two)


Another week down growing this new babe and it seems like this last week really flew by which is always a plus. I found a silly size-comparison chart recently and seeing as I hate that babies are always compared to the size of fruits, was amused to learn this baby of mine is the size of a canary and/or an eclair. 

I'm still thankfully maternity clothes free (except for hiding my BeBand under my unbuttoned jeans) which is nice since the weather is starting to cool off and I'm not wanting to completely re-buy my wardrobe for the winter. At work I'm lucky enough to get to wear the lovely blue surgical scrubs every day and while I've had to go up a size in the pants it definitely makes getting dressed in the morning easy. I recently picked up a few long-sleeved maternity tops and a pair of maternity skinny jeans and I'm hoping leggings, long cardigans, dresses, etc from my normal wardrobe can allow me to not need too many more items. It's so different being pregnant in the opposite season this time around. I'll be sure to let you know if I prefer summer or winter pregnancies. 

This week I've been craving all things salty. I seriously can't get enough. In all honestly I think this craving is because I've been horrible about making sure I drink enough water every day so my body is going to the back-up plan, getting me to crave salt, to help retain water. It's my mission from here on out to make sure I'm drinking more. I've also really not been into my morning cup of coffee this week which is strange if you know anything about me and my love for it. It's great because I can tell my body is detoxing off the caffeine and I don't need it like I used to. 

One thing that's been a huge pain this pregnancy is that it seem like my whole GI system is out of whack. I was much more nauseous and had way more "morning" sickness this time around which thankfully is gone at this point. But in it's place it seems like my whole system is super sensitive and reacts much more extreme than it used to. Some spicy foods (which I've always loved and even craved with Mark) set my stomach off the next day and instead of just being a little uneasy, I end up vomiting and having spasm like cramps the rest of the day. I sure hope this doesn't hang around for good! I'm also battling hit-or-miss sleep which also happened at this point with Mark but on top of being super busy I'm exhausted by the end of the day. Not to mention frustrated that I can't just lay down and sleep at night. 

Even with it all, little one, I'm so happy to be on this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga