Sunday, January 17, 2016

Baby H: Week 25 (times two)

25 weeks down, only 15 to go! And realistically we're probably closer to 14 left given my circumstances. Mark was 4 days early and they say second babies generally come a bit sooner than the first. Plus it would be a huge benefit to me if this boy came about a week early and my doc said a while ago she was okay with "helping that along" if I really wanted. Gosh I can't believe how time is flying!

I had my 24 week appointment at the end of last week and baby brother is cooking just perfectly in there. My doc had no comments about my weight which is always a plus, my belly is measuring right on track and baby's heart beat sounded sweet as ever. I mentioned my horrible heartburn to which my doc was able to give me the go-ahead of which meds to take should I need more than Tums. With my crazy schedule it's easier for me to have a few appointments set in advance which means a couple things. Somehow I already walked out of the office with my lovely glucose-test orange syrup in prep for my next appointment. (And have I mentioned how nice it is to drink it at home ahead of time instead of waiting in the office for the hour to pass!) And the craziest part is that the following appointment puts us into the every-two-week category already! Granted that's still 6ish weeks away but it's crazy to me that we're even thinking about that yet.

J and I have made lists of our top names for this boy and I think we're getting relatively close to deciding. With Mark it was an easy decision (at least for his first name) so it's been interesting this time coming up with something that fits our newest family member. I think we'll decided 100% before his arrival but I guess there's always the option of having our top names ready until we see his sweet face. For now he's Baby Brother and basically any time I say the word "baby" and Mark is around he tries to lift my shirt which is just too cute. As far as his nursery is concerned, we're making slow progress but thankfully there isn't much to do. We're waiting on Mark's new chair for his room so we can move the couch back into the nursery to actually start the decorating aspect of both rooms and J's finished the handy-work on the map so now I need to find the time and motivation to get to painting.

Symptom wise this week has been about the same as the last few. I find myself more tired lately which I can only attribute to being so much busier with rotations and then coming home to a tornado of a toddler so what can I do. Not to mention that sleep has been very hit or miss lately but hey, no one ever said it'd be easy right? I've been getting my fair share of Braxton Hicks contractions already, more so when I'm bad about drinking water or have been on my feet a long time. Overall my belly and back are just more uncomfortable than I'd like so hopefully the pregnancy support tank J bought me as an early birthday present can help with both of those once it comes in. If not I'll get my relief in the pool during Mark's swim lessons for the next month at least. My appetite is still normal and I'm trying to be better about the sweets I eat but can't make any promises that I'm very successful. I still have no swelling or stretch marks and interestingly enough haven't really noticed the "fullness" to my hair that I had last time.

Baby H, keep growing in there (and moving and shaking too!) little one until the time is right for you to join our family. We can't wait to meet you but understand that your health is the number one priority. Momma can't wait to hold you on the outside, kiss your sweet lips and love you like crazy. I was envisioning your sweet face the other day trying to decide if you'll look similar or different from your big brother but regardless, you will be perfect in my eyes no matter what. I love you little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga