Monday, July 2, 2012

15 Day Challenge [Day 1]


[Day 1] List 15 fun facts about yourself

[1] I can't set an alarm at the 00, 15, 30, 45, or any even number. For example, my alarm went off at 6:27am this morning and 6:30 would have given me hives.  This is extremely OCD of me and I accept that.


[2] I've lived in Southern California for close to 5 years, been on numerous tropical vacations and have yet to even attempt to learn to surf. I'm sure people think that's crazy but I just have no desire to learn.

[3] A few years ago I chopped off my super long hair to donate to Locks of Love. I loved it for a little while but could never be a short-hair girl. I'm currently back to rocking mid-back length hair and don't see that changing anytime soon.


[4] Highlighters and ball point pens contributed significantly to my success in college. I would come up with a note-taking scheme at the beginning of each semester and would have to stick with it through finals. I loved having everything in exact order and know exactly where to look when I needed something.

[5] My favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump. Very closely followed by Father of the Bride (both parts).


[6] I haven't worn make-up (minus a touch of mascara sporadically) for the last, say, 5 months and it's been awesome. At first I thought it'd be tough but it turns out I have less to cover-up without all the crud on my skin than when I'd try to make my skin look perfect every day. Take that, Covergirl!


[7] I'm originally from Littleton, Colorado and would move back there in a heart beat. I moved to San Diego to go to school (what high school senior doesn't dream of life on the beach). Now I've absolutely loved living here and who doesn't love constant 70 degree weather all year but there's just something about home that's calling me back.


[8] It is extremely relaxing to have the bottoms of my feet slapped, don't ask why. For as long as I can remember my mom used to do this to my sister and I and I love it to this day.

[9] Getting into a bed that has fresh, clean sheets is something I really look forward to. If it wasn't such a hassle to wash everything and remake the bed I'd do it every day.

[10] I could listen to Christmas music all year long and never get tired of it. J on the other hand says Thanksgiving is too early. Thank goodness I have headphones :-)

[11] Every contact in my cell phone (minus my mom and fiance) has both first and last name included. Even the people who are extrememly obvious. I don't know when this started, possibly when I knew more than three people with the same first name but I've kept it up without question till now.


 [12] I love turning over a pillow and having it be cold on the other side.

[13] Socks are my enemy. I unconsciously take them off (especially in my sleep) and then wonder where they are or find them when I'm washing the sheets.

[14] I like boys names waaay better than girls names and I always have. Even when I was little and would imagine the coordinating names of all my pretend children with my pretend husband, I would always pick boy names first. Watch, J and I will only have girls years down the road!


[15] I am terrified of horses. And no I never had a tramatic experience with them, they just scare me.



I'm a bit behind on the 15 Day Challenge so my days may be off until I have a chance to catch up

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about makeup and getting into a clean bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm ok if I could wash my sheets every day I would totally do it too!! Getting into bed with clean sheets is one of the best feelings in the whole wide world!
    Also, I don't wear make up like at all. I used to wear more. I'm kind of lazy in that respect. But I am about to start a new job, so I guess I am going to have to wear some so I don't scare anyone. Anyway, I'm a less is more kind of girl the the makeup department!
    And if you have a girl, you should name her Nikki, obviously. Cause that name rocks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga