Tuesday, July 3, 2012

15 Day Challenge [Day 2]


[Day 2] Write a [few] six word memoir[s]

_________________________________________________

Right now, you are the best. 

Turn your dreams into your plans.

_________________________________________________

These are two things that I've been trying to tell myself each and every day. 
I haven't gotten too personal in blog-land lately but I've been struggling as of late... trying to come to terms with the fact that I am in exactly the place I'm meant to be at this point in my life and that I am doing the best that I personally can be. 

Specifically this all has to do with my future career goals and if you've been around this here blog for a while you know that this has to do with medical school and the ups and downs that come along with reaching this goal for me. There's a part of me that will never be able to give up this dream but at the same time there's also a part of me who just wishes things were easier. Wishes this current life could just stay. A part of me that wishes my current job surpassed all my expectations and was the perfect place for me. A part of me that hopes I wouldn't be disappointed in myself if things didn't work out like I have always planned. A part of me who is in the beginning stages of so many changes in my life that I almost don't know where to start. 
I know that these feelings will pass soon and I know all the effort and the stresses and the tears and the work will be so worth it in the end but for now.... sometimes it's tough realizing that this is all happening for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to know that I truly am doing the best that I can do with the cards I've been given. 

I am extremely thankful through this all to have a fiance and a family who will support me where ever life may take me. I think I'm fighting more of a battle with myself than with convincing anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. These are great things to tell yourself! Especially the first one :) Growing up whenever I was having a hard time my mom always told me to listen to my self talk, and it's such a good tip. A lot of times we're being negative or thinking negatively about ourselves and don't even realize it. So I love the positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know how you feel. I am in no way where I thought I would be. Not that I don't love and adore my husband, my dogs, etc. but I had big dreams that I know will never come true. I go back and forth a lot about where I want to go career wise, but I currently am just taking things as they come. Its nice having a good guy to be able to talk to! Everything will happen the way it is suppose to. I tell myself that a lot... and I try to believe it. XO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga