Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bad Days, Angry Bosses and Stings

Yesterday was just one of those days. One of those days where nothing happens as it should.
Where one thing after another is added up.
And you just can't seem to catch a break.
Let me explain....


Woke up to my alarm. Hit the snooze like usual. Except this time I hit it twice.
Running late to work now. Just great.
And we have nothing in our kitchen for me to eat for breakfast and lunch.
Throw a yogurt and a banana in my purse and hope that will hold me for the day.
It does not, just FYI

Still feeling super exhausted even with the extra 20 minutes.
I always tell myself I'm just going to get! up! It does me no extra good to stay in bed. But my efforts are always failed.

Finally get to work and within 30 minutes, even before I can finish my coffee, the emails start.
Boss-man didn't read my full email and is telling me I didn't do what I needed to.
But yes I did. And I said so, you just didn't read it all.
Eventually I win but after plenty of self-doubt, trying to figure out what I did wrong, attempting to de-code his ambiguious wording and running past his office door to ask for help from someone else.

It's all sorted out now.
I won by the way.
But now he's given me 3 days worth of work to do.
And did I mention we're going out of town tonight? So yeah, there's that.

Scrambled to get started, hoping I'd make enough progress before my vacation and head out the door before I can get something else handed to me.
Stop by Starbucks on the way home because my to-do list is far too long, I'm still exhausted and I really need a workout.
Thank you iced goodness, I really needed this.

Got home and started on the growing list of things to do before we head out of town.
Took the laundry out of the dryer and went outside to water my herbs.
Step on a wasp.
Yes, seriously.
Why would a wasp choose to be in our grass? Can someone please explain this to me?

Run inside with shooting pain in the arch of my foot to make a baking soda paste for it.
J's not home yet and I've never been stung by a wasp before.
Bees? Yes. But wasps no. And they're different allergens.
Some background for you, my mom is severly allergic to wasps, but not to bees.
Frantically called J to tell him what happened.

Thankfully J was able to come home, I'm not allergic to wasps and the rest of the day went relatively smooth.
But goodness, if I wasn't ready for vacation before yesterday then I surely am now!


Here's hoping today goes better than yesterday and if not at least my feet, wasp sting and all, will touch Colorado ground tonight.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you told this story! I've never been stung by bees or wasps .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga