Thursday, May 20, 2010

on a FOTD

Today I was off to Hospice to volunteer so I knew I didn't want to do anything too flashy or too overdone with my make-up. Ulta is having some great deals until May 29th so you should definitely check them out and take advantage of them, just like I did. :-) I purchased a total of four items, two of which I incorporated into my look for today.

Face
Cover girl-Liquid Powder in buff beige
Clinique- Blush Wear Cream Stick in rosy blush

Eyes
Origins- Underwear for Lids
Almay- Intense I-color in black pearl
Maybelline- Great Lash in soft black
Origins e/s- in Root Beer Float (outer lid and crease)
Ulta e/s- in Silk (inner lid and to eyebrow)

Lips
Ulta- lip stick in Nude Shimmer
SoftLips- Lip Balm in cherry

I have been wanting to get a nude lipstick that I can wear on a daily basis instead of just wearing the good ol' chapstick and I'm very happy with the ones I got. Along with the Nude Shimmer color I also purchased Solar Shimmer. I'm not much of a matte lip stick kind of girl so these two have the perfect amount of sparkle that I wanted. I used the Revlon Color-stay in soft nude, suggested to me by Tiffany at Will Work For Makeup, as a reference to the Ulta brand lip sticks. Included in my haul was an Ulta Professionals Nail Polish in Soho Pretty. It's sort of a purple grey color that was part of their Naughty Neutrals line. I have painted my toes with it as of now and plan to use it on my fingers tomorrow.

And the best part of the whole trip..... my purchase was HALF off, yes 50%, as in "I-should-have-paid-double" half off! Thanks to the buy 2 get 2 free deal and the 20% off one item coupon I had it was quite the steal! I'm not one to spend a lot of money on these types of things so when I can find a deal I definitely jump on it. So between my new stuff and the glass of wine I just downed, I can safely say I'm a very happy girl.

PS- Do we like the amount of curl in my hair today? I was sort of lazy/sort of wanted to be put together and this is what resulted...

2 comments:

  1. I love the eyeshadow the most.

    Ive never tried nude lipstick... but I like the idea. My lips are kind of naturally rosy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking as I was looking at your pictures how much I loved your curls and then I read the PS! You have such cute hair!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson mark says MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved residency ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga